The kinds of personal Information we collect from you may vary depending upon the nature of the building services you have instructed us to provide. Generally we will initially collect information regarding your name, address and contact details in order to process any enquiry you may submit to us regarding the construction of your new home or a renovation by us. Where necessary, we may also collect from you the proposed building site address, evidence of your ownership of the site address, and your financial details, including the details of your financier in order to process your payments to us. At no point will TJS Building Group sell, rent or receive payment for disclosing your personal information.
- By providing us with your contact details and consenting for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
- By visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry;
- By requesting our services by making enquiries via our phone number, fax or email;
- By visiting any website or social media site established by us including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Houzz and Home Improvement (“Social Media Site”); and
- By participating in any activity on a Social media Site including but not limited to entering competitions, subscribing to our blog, posting, pinning or uploading any material on any Social Media Site, following, liking and/or commenting on us or anything on any Social Media Site (“Social Media Activity”).
How we collect your personal information:
We collect your personal information via a number of different ways including:
- Analysis of Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
- From when you provide us with this information by telephone, email, application forms, customer satisfaction surveys, contracts or any other document provided by you to us;
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies, insurance companies, Building Services Australia or your representative;
- From publicly available sources of information; and
- From our own records.
Through our website we can obtain Personal information if you send such information in an email or when you complete an online enquiry. When you look at our website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address;
- The date and general time of your visit to our site;
- The pages that you have accessed and the documents downloaded;
- The estimated time you spent on our website; and
- The type of browser you were using.
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of operating our business by:
- Supplying our products and services to use;
- Proving quality assurance for our products and services;
- Responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- Monitoring the performance of our business and our agents;
- Marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities; and
- Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations.
We may from time to time communicate with you directly to promote our products or services. On each communication, we will advise how you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving such communications, including by emailing the relevant privacy officer and asking them to be removed from the mailing list. Alternatively, you can fax or mail a request for deletion.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- By ensuring the physical security of our premises and database and records;
- By restricting access to personnel who need that information in order for us to be able to provide our products and services; and
- By technological measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up, anti-virus software and firewalls.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, TJS Building Group uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.